Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Disappearing Links

One of the depressing things about running the NT Gateway is the number of links I have to remove, and on a regular basis. I've just removed the links for all of the Featured Links, February 2002, which included a body called the Electric Press and who reproduced entire books on-line including several of interest to NT scholars. I wonder what happened to them? Perhaps they went bust. I always think it's a shame that so much effort all over the internet goes into projects that are disappear within a year or two. Another disappearance is dabar.org which used to feature a wealth of material for Biblical scholars (Featured Links, January 2002); Tom Thatcher also used to host his huge web site there. He mentioned to me some time ago that he was taking it down to revise it, but I don't know that it's ever returned. If any of you hear of the whereabouts of any of these disappearing web sites, I'd be happy to hear about it.

No comments: